Tuesday 1 April 2014

Edited Base Apple

I have begun to edit/UV my models so they are ready and usable to replace the place holders. Although most of the sets objects do not need much of an edit, they all need a touch up.



Simple editing of shape and size with a shaped bottom stand.


While doing a base texture for the apple to work out ways to UV I also experimented with bump maps. I am a little unsure here about how much bump I should have on my object as I do not want to go over board. I like the more subtle two on the left ( the two next too the arrow) as I feel if it goes over or under, it will be to much or to little.


The base texture with a slight bump map. The colour of the wood is not fixed and may be edited later.
In each set of objects, for example the set of apples, I will possibly make 3-5 slightly imperfect and differing objects. 



UV Map


UV Map Bump











1 comment:

  1. I think you should seek to get some carved detail into that leaf, Mike - simple, but adding interest to your scene - and also, a thinner, more shapely stem - just a bit more delicacy as a 'crafted object'.

    http://www.woodcarvingworkshops.tv/MImageGen.ashx?image=/media/29067/3leaves_4.jpg&height=400&width=660&crop=true

    http://regencyfan.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/w/l/wl52-family.jpg

    ReplyDelete