Friday 21 March 2014

Depth Of Field Tests


Today I have been experimenting with Depth of Field to which I had intended to apply to my shot. It had varying results which are shown bellow.

Base Start Image

Step 1

Applying the mia_lens to the camera.



Step 2


Step 3


Step 4

Tweaking the setting allowed me to focus on the Bee but left the background looking a little to blured.



Step 5

A few more tweaks made the background looks a little nicer.








Step 6

Zooming out to check focus showed a problem. There was no focus on the closest object. 



Step 7

Tweaking and experimenting with the settings I was unable to really allow the camera to focus on the object closest. I believe it is due to the distance to the objects and the camera.


Although I was unable to master the depth of field, I did get a glimpse of what it can do and the problems that follow. It was somewhat successful however and this could probably be sorted with a technical conversation at some point.



No comments:

Post a Comment