Monday 9 December 2013

Test Shot (Render Time + Black Texture)


While wiping up a quick shot to answer some questions such as where and how large the mini map can be, I ended up experimenting with the black ground texture. This was primarily to see what looked right with the world but also a small concern over render time. When I first started the rendering it surprised me that it was almost taking 3 minuets (rather than the one to two minuets at uni) to render even though the is very little in this shot. While hunting for a texture I kept note of the render times. In the end I believe the render times are longer due to it being from my lap top rather than the computers at uni which seem to go faster. Something I will have to check later on.

2.56
(render time)
Jello Texture

This one sparks my interest the most. It reflectiveness and shine which shows the colour of the backdrop gives it a nice feel. However I am not sure on the ground it self as I am not sure if the ball sits nicely on top, or if it stands out to much.

2.19
(render time)
Blinn



2.18
(render time)
Blinn

I am not so keen on this one as to me its to flat for the world.

2.25
(render time)
Mat_X

I applied the same rubber texture of the ball to the ground and spikes which I like to some degree. Its a little grey and can still be made blacker but I do like the solidness of the texture. 

Lowered

Here I simply lowered the ground to give a little more head room as i left with the others it was a little to high.

Black

Here I have blacked out the rubber texture and it looks very similar to the Blinn. I quite like the darkness compared to the lighter texture above.







No comments:

Post a Comment