Wednesday 3 April 2013

@ Alan - Texturing Issues


Im trying to texture my little guy using surface shader as we discussed before, however, when I use this and put the file on the texture onto this it goes whack. I plugged the file into Out Colour, not sure if that was right? but I tried plugging it into other channels but no good. I had thought maybe it had something to do with my uvs or texture map so I put it onto a lambert and it works fine (2nd image). 

Is it that I cant use surface shader like this or have I done something rather silly like used the wrong channel or did something wrong with my texture mapping? Or would it be better to use a lambert?

Many Thanks


Surface Shader


Lambert

2 comments:

  1. Probably have to put High-quality on in the viewport. It should render fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no reason you can't use a surface shader. I'd suggest rendering it and seeing if it comes out ok (I imagine it will).

    ReplyDelete