Sunday 18 November 2012

Evil Villain & Sidekick

Here Im beginning to look at the shape and form of my characters as well as costume. Im working in silhouettes to get the shape instead of spending to long trying to work out everything.

 I have found doing silhouettes to be my saviour as I was quite reserved about this project so far due to my personnel fear of drawing characters. I have found working this way to be way I can grasp this project due to not having to worry about to much detail at any one time.

For this I started off with the character I chose from my drawn line up and then re-drew them to get any little faults i could see out of them. I then made it into a silhouette and went from there adding and trying shapes here and there to see what worked and what didnt.


Villain



Sidekick

4 comments:

  1. really like your silhouettes, Mike - no 7 villain? very villainy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep no7 is defo a villain! :) Glad you could see it was a villain!

      Delete
  2. mmm, I like villianish number 7!

    Just a thought, do a comparison of size between the villain and the side kick. It looks like they are the same size at the mo - which detracts from the villainishness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes I will try that! thanks for reminding me about that. Right now I havent really done sizes I just want the characters started but I shall do sizes!

      Delete