Saturday 13 October 2012

Character Design

So the Character Unit is finally here! 

 On the day of briefing I picked two cards from the top of the deck of cards which would choose my fate! My lucky fortune gave me the combined mixture of Arabian Knights (Aladdin, Magic etc) and Space Opera (Star Wars etc). This should be quite an interesting unit.



In the lesson we were given some themes to draw from. 

I was given Vampire Nerd and had to come up with some quick ideas for this. 




1

Trying to remember what a nerd looks like I tried to come up with a few ideas. I was not really hitting a gold mine but was getting the gist of a Vampire and a Nerd by trying to add very typical things a Nerd and a Vampire have.





2

After a little chat of Nerd Vampires I came up with this. I began to look at the cloak of a Vampire and then trying to Nerd it up a little by making it a very small thing that one could hardly call a cloak/ cape. I made him quite large and as anti-fasion as possible with the trousers that do not fit.
I think this was more of a successful.



After looking at the style of these I was told to draw a Ghostly Viking the 3-5 year olds.




3

I liked this a lot and found it relatively easy to come up with an idea that worked. It could do with a few tweaks here and there but I like it. The part i found hardest was trying to remember what a Viking had on its head. By that I mean the long hair and the helmet. I tried to think back to the film 'How To Train Your Dragon' and how they where shown in that. Once I remembered that it is easy to decide on the helmet which is very easily recognised as Viking.






No comments:

Post a Comment